An office phone system—every business needs one to stay in touch. But an office phone system that runs on your Internet Protocol (IP) network can give your small business much more than phone connectivity.
Here are a few of the benefits that an advanced, IP-based office phone system can provide your small business:
- A converged network combines voice, data, and other applications such as video conferencing on a single IP network. You’ll have only one network to manage instead of separate networks for your office phone system and your data.
- An office phone system on a converged network enables your employees to collaborate more easily and meaningfully. They can even access company data, such as customer information, from their phones.
- Employees can stay productive from any location, because your office phone system travels with them.
- When your office phone system is integrated with your customer relationship management (CRM) system, you can serve customers better. For example, with caller ID linked to the CRM, employees can instantly view information about customers when they call.
- An advanced office phone system can be designed specifically for a small business’s needs and budget.
Cisco Unified Communications gives business like yours all the tools it needs for a productive, flexible, high-quality office phone system. With these advanced technologies, your company has the same communication tools that your larger competitors have
What to Know When Buying a Small Business Phone System
Small business phone systems are available in a variety of configurations, offering an ever-growing range of features and benefits. Most modern small business phone systems today run on Internet Protocol (IP) networks—the same network they use to connect employees, devices, and information resources.
But how do you find the right small business phone system for your company? And what’s the best way to deploy it?
Here are a few key considerations when evaluating and implementing a new small business phone system.
Understand What Your Users Need
The right small business phone system can give your people the tools they need to be more efficient. Does your workforce need easy access to mobile communications or video? Do workers need one phone number that simultaneously rings on multiple devices?
Features and capabilities available include:
- Mobile softphones, for using a computer as a phone
- The ability to make and receive calls from smartphones or tablets
- Video or web conferencing support
- Automated attendant
- Paging and intercom
You can also get unified messaging, with notifications by email, text message, or phone. Instant Messaging and Presence technology, other popular features, help you quickly identify the people available within your organization and reach them at any given time.
Reduce Your IT Costs
Today’s small business IP phone systems can consolidate essential communications and collaboration capabilities onto a single server solution. This reduces IT complexity and communications costs.
Be Prepared for Change
A new small business phone system can change the way you and your employees work and conduct daily business transactions. For example, using video, you can meet with remote staff, customers, suppliers and partners to enhance key relationships.
Talk to Your Trusted Advisor.
Consult with your local service provider or reseller to help ensure that your phone system’s features and capabilities will meet your company’s short- and long-term business goals.